1. STINKERS An evening of Square Dancing to called records.
2. BLACK CAT Dancing on FRIDAY THE 13th!!
3. DONKEY Information can be obtained from dancer that has been initiated.
4. SANTA CLAUSE Dancing at an advertised Christmas Dance.
5. SOCK HOP Dancing in socks only. Loudest pair wins a prize.
6. BE-DEVIL Be-devil the caller. Attire a bright red - please.
7. GLOW WORM A Lights out mixer. Gentlemen carry a flashlight in hip pocket. Start out with mother, but bet you won't end up with her!
8. GRASSHOPPER Dancing in the grass barefooted.
9. GOON Dancing in a supermarket or restaurant.
10. SQUIRRELS Four or more couples make noise and act up to distract the caller.
11. KANGROO It’s a secret - ask one who is wearing one.
12. KNOT HEAD Must travel at least 100 miles to a Square Dance.
13. TURTLE Must be subscribed for by old turtles. Ask one!
14. MOON LIGHTERS Dancing by moonlight!
15. CAKE WALK The Square Dance version of the ole fashion cakewalk.
16. STATE HOPPER Must square dance in two or more states the same night.
17. GRANDPA (We’re off our rockers) Are you a proud grandparent?
18. GRANDMA (We’re off our rockers) Are you a proud grandparent?
19. FIRST NITER For dancing out the old and dancing in the new.
20. HARD LUCK Making a good thing out of an otherwise unlucky situation on the way to a Square dance.
21. NITE OWL Must square dance until 3:00 A.M.
22. JACK-O-LANTERN For the brave souls that get out on Halloween and dance.
23. RACOON Travel at least 100 miles to a square dance and getting home after 3:00 A.M.
24. DIE HARD Must dance five nights in a row to earn this one!
25. HOBO Hobo attire at an advertised square dance.
26. SHIRT SNATCHER Caller’s shirt must be removed and one tip called without his shirt.
27. KISSIN’KUSSINS To join the club you must receive a kiss and be welcomed by the person wearing one ! !
28. PARADE Must dance on a float or take part in a parade.
29. BARN DANCE Dancing a tip in a country barn, converted dance floor are out.
30. SQUARE DUCKS It takes wet feet for this one. Must dance in the water.
31. SON OF THE BEACHES At least one tip must be danced on the beach.
32. RAIN DROPS Dance two tips in the rain.
33. LUAU An advertised Hawaiian square dance - in appropriate attire.
34. SOUR PUSS Each dancer sucks wedge of lemon. Sure way to crack up the caller!!
35. CHILI DOG An advertised chilidog dance.
36. SQUARE ANGELS For members that help a caller with new class. This means regular attendance at all classes – Please ! !
37. IDIOT Four or more couples in night attire wake up a caller and have him call a tip.
38. CRACK POT One tip in the bathroom. Caller in the room also.
39. CHOO-CHOO It’s a secret!! Information will be given to callers only.
40. CAMPER A tent is a must! For couples whom dance and camp out the same night.
41. EAGER BEAVER Dancing every night for a week!!
42. PURPLE HEART For the person who dances in a square with three callers. Be prepared!!
43. T. V. Dancing on television.
44. SCHOOL BOARD Must attend a dance held in a schoolhouse.
45. JAIL BIRD Must dance at least one tip in a jail.
46. WATERMELON An advertised watermelon feast.
47. INDIAN LODGE A square dance on an Indian Reservation.
48. PIZZA Dance and pizza dinner or at a Pizza Parlor.
49. ICE CREAM Dancing at an Ice Cream Dance - a cool one for summer.
50. CHURCH MOUSE Must attend a Square Dance held in a church.
51. RUNNING BEAR Must complete a tip with no errors. This must be the Running Bear number.
52. VENUS Must complete one tip without use of hands.
53. SPOT LIGHTER Must dance in an exhibition before the public audience.
54. FRIENDSHIP. Must have signatures of at least 10 callers - promoted friendship and visiting.
55. MUMMY Must wrap a caller completely in toilet tissue while he is calling a tip!!!
56. SAND FLEA Must dance on the sand barefooted at least one tip.
57. LONG DISTANCE Must dance a tip called over a telephone by a caller at least 50 miles away.
58. APPLE MUNCHER Every dancer must dance a tip while munching an apple.
59. RED BEANS An advertised dance serving Red Beans.
60. BLACK SHEEP You are a Black Sheep if you can successfully complete a dance, other than that called by the caller !
61. CAVE MAN You must forcefully steal a taw while in process of squaring up.
62. RAT While the host club is having refreshments you set on the floor eating cheese and crackers.
63. THIEF At least one square visits another club and ‘steals’ their club banner and displays it at their next club dance.
The host club then returns the visit with a full square to ‘steal’ back their club banner.
64. YELLOW ROCK Means ‘hug your corner’ and do it frequently ! ! !
65. VALENTINE Dancing at an advertised Valentines Dance.
66. CARAVAN Travel in a caravan of three (3) cars or more to a dance.
67. BOOTS ‘N’ BAGS Must dance a tip with boots in paper bag. Those with torn paper bags are out !
68. BEST DANCER BY A DAM SITE Dance on a dam of any kind; earthen, concrete.
69. PANTY WATCHER For those who get caught sitting out watching panties ! !
70. WORKER BEE Must be faithful worker in the club. Good to give to a member of the club.
71. ROVER Must travel 1000 miles or more from home to a dance.
72. CAMEL It’s a secret. Ask one wearing one ! !
73. SUICIDE Dancing a tip on a highway intersection - lottsa luck ! !
74. SIAMESE TWINS Dancing double partners in a tip – takes 16 to a square.
75. TAR BABY Must earn this one dancing on Asphalt !
77. MEXICAN FIESTA Dancing at a Mexican Dance.
78. CALLERS REVENGE For those callers with a revenge to Square Dancers ! !
79. SNOW BUNNY For dancing a tip in the snow..
80. BOURBON STREET For those dancing on Bourbon Street in New Orleans, LA.
81. COLONEL Must be initiated by Col. Puff Puff ! Ask one wearing this dangle.
82. INTERNATIONAL DANCER Must Square Dance out of the country.
83. SINGING CALLS Dancing to an evening of all Singing Calls.
84. PATIENCE & PERSEVERANCE For those showing much patience and perseverance to new students of Square Dancing. Usually given to members for their appreciation,
85. I B T C Its’ a secret ! ! Ask a dancer wearing one.
86. MARDI GRAS In the merriment and spirit of the pre-Lenten season.
87. SHAMROCK For dancing on St. Pat’s Day.
88. LEAP YEAR For dancing on February 29th.
89. ARKY For dancing Arky-Style.
90. A PEACH It’s a secret ! ! Must ask a dancer wearing this dangle.
91. ELEVATOR Crowd in an elevator and try dancing a tip! ! Fun
92. ASTRONAUT It’s a secret ! Ask one wearing one.
93. DIPLOMA Great to show the date of your graduation.
94. CHARTER MEMBER For those who are Charter Members of a Club.
95. BALLOON Dancing a tip while keeping a balloon in the air – must not touch the floor.
96. CLOWN Dancing at a carnival, fair, or other place of amusement.
97. BLACK OUT All lights out for this one! ! Dance a tip in the dark.
98. SACK DANCE Dancing with a sack over your head – no peekie !
99. OLD SALT For the sailors – dancing on a boat !
1100. CANDLELIGHT Patio dancing with candlelight only.
101. BAREFOOT Dancing barefoot !
1102. TOPLESS For the hairless dancer.
103. EMERSON For the fellows – ask one wearing one! !
1104. AMATURE CALLER A chance to show off your stuff at Amateur Callers Night.
105. GOOFER Making a goof while dancing a tip earns you this one !
106. CINDERELA A chance for the ladies to dress their best !
107. RETRIVER Being part of the group retrieving a club banner.
108. GREEN ROCK Huggin' the Caller.
109. RED ROCK Huggin’ your partner.
110. BARBIE DOLL It’s a secret ! Ask a dancer wearing one.
111. THANKSGIVING Dance on Thanksgiving or attend a Thanksgiving Special.
112. POGO It’s a secret – ask a dancer wearing one !
113. MUSTANG/PONY TAIL Ask a Dancer wearing one.
114. HOT PAINTS Dancing a tip wearing hot pants.
115. MOUNTAIN DEW Completing this call without any errors !
116. BUS Traveling to a dance in a bus.
117. BI-CENTENNIAL Dancing in 1976 – have you earned yours?
118. KITCHEN MAID Having K. P. duty.
119. 4th OF JULY Dancing on the 4th of July.
120. PANTS SNATCHER Snatching the Callers pants while he is calling a tip.
121. STREAKER Streaking during or seeing a streaker while at a dance.
122. SHE SHE Ladies as partners.
123. HE HE Men as partners
124. WASHATERIA Dance a tip in the Laundromat.
125. MYSTERY DANCE Attending a special “Mystery Dance” or to a “Mystery Caller”
126. BOMBADIER A secret – ask a dancer wearing one.
127. PICKLE Eating/sucking on a pickle while dancing earns you this one.
128. LIFESAVER Dance a tip holding a lifesaver on a toothpick in your mouth.
129. MUDSTOMPER Dance a tip barefoot in the mud.
130. CLODHOPPER All dancers wear combat boots or overshoes.
131. CLOGGER For those who clog.
132. LUCKENBACH Dance to the “Song” or in the town of Luckenbach.
133. CPR Completing a course in Cardiac Pulmonary Respiratory.
134. HALF A PEAR Looking for the other half.
135. NATIONALS Oklahoma City ‘78
136. I LOVE S. D. Wearing this proves it..
137. ZIPPER LIP No talking thru an entire tip.
138. RUSSIAN BOOTS It’ a secret. Ask one wearing one.
139. CLUB ANNIVERSARY Celebrating a clubs anniversary
140. PRESIDENT Having held this office.
141. VICE PRESIDENT Having held this office.
142. SECRETARY Having held this office.
143. TREASURER Having held this office.
144. LIFE MEMBER Life membership in a club.
145. BREAKFAST Going out for breakfast after a dance.
146. TEASER Dancing on April the first – April Fool
147. WILD GOOSE Going to a dance that has been cancelled or on the wrong night.
148. MEMORIAL Dancing on Memorial weekend.
149. SNOWMAN Dancing in the snow or while snowing.
150. MISS PIE Secret.
151. TOGA DANCE Dancing while wearing a toga.
152. MURDER MYSTERY Secret.
153. SNOW SHOES Dancing while wearing snow shoes.
154. RECYCLED A recycled senior to a teenager.
155. NO MUSIC Dancing without any music.
156. PIRATE Dancing with one eye closed or covered.
157. SHIP OR BOAT Dancing a tip on a ship or boat.
158. SOMBRER At least one dancer in a square wearing a sombrero while dancing a tip.
159. HOTEL Dancing a tip in a hotel lobby, lounge, or bar.
160. HARVEST Dancing during the harvest month.
161. RED HAT A red hat dance special.
162. SMILE For that dancer that always has a smile
163. BIRTHDY Celebrating a milestone birthday.
164. MONKEY Dancing a tip while eating a banana.
165. CRAXY HAT Design a crazy hat and wear it to the dance.
166. PUZZLER It is a puzzle.
167. NO ADULTS Dancing with no adults in the square.